Only a few years ago, the importance of drinking water was overshadowed by artificially flavored drinks, supposed to be rich in nutrients, vitamins, and whatnot.
The dentistry practice flourished with the help of chocolates, other sweets, and these drinks. An increase in multiple health issues in the last few years has shifted people’s attention again towards water.
Water rejuvenates, but why and how?
1. Water constitutes more than seventy percent of our body.
2. Water acts as a cleanser, detoxifier, helps in digestion, provides glowing skin, and refreshes the body, as it helps in each and every process of metabolism.
3. We use water for cleaning our houses, utensils, and our external body. But do you know that it is the best cleansing agent inside the body too?
4. In a healthy adult, about 2.5 liters of water are needed every day to replenish the water lost from the skin as sweat, respiration, urine, and excretion.
5. Drinking a sufficient amount of water prevents heart attack by 4050%. The body loses water at night while sleeping; therefore, blood viscosity, fibrinogen, and hematocrit rise, increasing the risk of a heart attack.
When we do not respect our body by providing it the necessary elements and supplements, the consequences come in the form of various diseases. Therefore, make a habit of drinking enough water, as it is a basic necessity for good health and increasing your body’s immunity powers.
Importance of the waters vessel
The vessel from which we drink water is as important as drinking water itself. The quality of vessels affects the quality of water, which in turn affects our health. Traditionally, Indians used to drink from metal tumblers like copper or silver, depending on their buying capacity.
If we know the reasons behind the various types of materials used, we will be able to change our way of drinking water. Let’s see different types of vessels we can use for drinking water.
1. Metal vessels -The water kept overnight in a pure copper vessel has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, as shown in the research here. Copper deficiency leads to a reduced number of neutrophils, which are the line of defense in body immunity powers. Copper can be used in the rainy or winter season.
Silver is a good choice for drinking water in the summer, as it has cooling properties and is also antimicrobial.
2. Earthen pots – In summer, cool clay pots are very good for drinking water storage. Also, because the clay is alkaline, it balances the acidity of water. The earthen pots provide natural healing from the elements of the earth. They are better than refrigerated water, as they are gentle on the throat.
3. Glass – Glass is neutral in its effect. There are no benefits and no harm, so water can be stored in glass containers.
4. Stainless steel – It can also be used to store water.
5. Aluminum and plastic should be avoided for drinking water storage, as both are harmful because of their chemical composition.
A little awareness with a change of habits can help us to take one more step towards better health and improved immunity powers.